Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
The venue for the 'Meet the Speakers' dinner is Clyde’s of Gallery Place, situated 10 minutes from the Sheraton Pentagon City. Tickets to the dinner cost $60.00 USD and include coach transfers, a 3 course meal and wine.Places are limited so please book early via the online registration system.
Want to continue your conversations and networking in a casual atmosphere after the Meet the Speakers dinner? All delegates are welcomed to informally gather at the Potomac Lounge, situated in the Sheraton Pentagon City around 10:00pm after our ‘Meet the Speakers’ dinner. Drinks will be available to purchase from the bar.
Attendees are invited for drinks and networking with colleagues, speakers and Cell Press editors at our closing reception on Friday, 14 December from 5.00pm until 6.00pm. The reception will take place in the South Lobby.
Things to Do/Attractions
The Sheraton Pentagon City is conveniently located just minutes from Washington, D.C., Pentagon City Metro, Crystal City, Georgetown, and Old Towne Alexandria, just off Interstate 395 and Washington Blvd. The hotel is also surrounded by a variety of ethnic restaurants, shopping, and great entertainment.
Washington D.C – capital of the United States
Founded on July 16, 1790, Washington DC is unique among American cities because it was established by the Constitution of the United States to serve as the nation’s capital.
It’s skyline has some of the world’s most celebrated monuments, from the Washington Monument to the World War II Memorial to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, D.C. traces the history of the United States of America.
The White House is one of the world’s most famous buildings. Learn more about its art and architecture, the Presidents and First Ladies who have lived there, and how you can take a tour.
Arts & Culture
• Arlington National Cemetery 1.6 km/1.0 miles
• Air and Space Museum 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Arlington Hospital 4.8 km/3.0 miles
• George Washington University 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Marymount University 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Georgetown University 9.6 km/6.0 miles
• Howard University 9.6 km/6.0 miles
• American University 11.3 km/7.0 miles
• Potomac Park Golf Course 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Jefferson District Golf Course 24.1 km/15.0 miles
• Greendale Golf Course 30.6 km/19.0 miles
• Navy Annex/Henderson Hall 0.1 km/0.1 miles
• The Pentagon 0.8 km/0.5 miles
• Capitol Hill 8.0 km/5.0 miles
• Pentagon Row 1.3 km/0.8 miles
• Kennedy Center 4.8 km/3.0 miles
• National Science Foundation 4.8 km/3.0 miles
• Army Navy Club 4.8 km/3.0 miles
• Downtown Washington, D.C. 3.2 km/2.0 miles
• Georgetown 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Old Town Alexandria 8.0 km/5.0 miles
• Alexandria, VA 11.3 km/7.0 miles
• Baltimore, MD. 69.2 km/43.0 miles
• MCI Center 6.4 km/4.0 miles
• Busch Gardens-Williamsburg 241.3 km/149.9 miles
• Pentagon City Mall 1.6 km/1.0 miles
• The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City 1.6 km/1.0 miles
• Pentagon City Metro Station 1.5 km/0.9 miles